Wilton has a Summer Carnival in the Town for many years. This year, the Community Carnival was better than ever and got everyone involved. Look at the gallery of images taken at the previous carnivals.
There were two fun events throughout the week 30th June – 2nd July 2011 with the Grand Carnival Procession on Saturday 2nd July 2011.
This year the Carnival had an Animal Kingdom theme. The Procession begun at 12.30pm and traveled through the Town to Castle Meadows where there were free, fun packed afternoon of entertainments.
The Procession was led by Mayors of Wiltshire, and included The Eastleigh Spitfire Scout Band, clowns and several furry animals. There were several classes, something for everyone, juniors, groups and individuals including walkers, motorized and “Wilton” wheels.
Please contact Trevor Dacombe, Procession Organiser for further details via 07725 008089 or t.dacombe@virgin .net.
Carnival Week Events
- Thursday, 30th June: Pub Quiz Night. Hosted by The Bear Inn
- Friday, 1st July, from 7.30p: Carnival Family Bingo. Sponsored and hosted by Edinburgh Woollen Mill at Wilton Shopping Village. Bingo Tickets £5, includes refreshments and 20% off shopping, Free parking.
- Saturday, 2nd July: Carnival Day [see the flyer]
- 12.30pm: Procession leaves The Hollows and goes through the town to Castle Meadows. Free admission.
1.00pm – 5.00pm: Castle Meadows Fun FREE Afternoon. A host of entertainments and stalls to bring joy to everyone. Free admission.
- Novelty Dog Show
- Chris Ewington from SPIRE FM
- The Eastleigh Spitfire Scout Band
- Country Pursuits Birds of Prey Display
- Ticklish Allsorts Punch & Judy
- Wilton Royal British Legion Band
- Colton Dancers
- Belly Dancers,
- Circus Workshops and Juggling Show,
- Face Painting,
- Classic Cars,
- Steam Engine
- Car Boot Sale
- Craft Stalls
- Balloonman and Magic Show
- Fairground, Kids Rides and Games, Inflatables
- Bar and Food
- Kids treasure hunt and paper plane competition
- Charity Stalls and more!
The fantastic lively covers band, Zucchinis will finish off the day.
The Procession was open to all classes, from walking to motorised floats. Theme is Animal Kingdom. For information about the Community Carnival please contact Gary Nunn on 01722 744949 or email@example.com
Click here to view a gallery of images taken at the previous carnivals.
Follow us at wiltoncarnival.co.uk